Our machine as seen on Kickstarter! This is our 12"x18" machine with linear shafts and bushings. It is our basic starter model with many options and upgrades available!
By brouhaha
The first rule of CNC Club is do NOT overtighten the X-axis slider nuts.
The second rule of CNC Club is do NOT overtighten the X-axis slider nuts.

Seriously, I think in the tutorial you have understated the need not to overtighten the nuts. I tightened them just slightly more than finger-tight, and the rods won't slide through the bushings at all. Luckily I didn't actually damage the bushings, but I find that nuts must not be tightened even slightly more than finger-tight. I don't like that since I expect that they'll loosen themselves and need to be tightened frequently. I guess I should join the order for the aluminum linear bearing blocks.
By AJ Quick
Those who have had their machines running for some time now haven't had any problems that I know about. If you are worried about it, I would try replacing the nuts with lock nuts or adding a little loctite.

We thought the U-Bolt and bushings was a pretty smart idea, but will be working on a inexpensive alternative soon.
By brouhaha
Oh, I agree that it's definitely a clever idea for doing this at low cost. If I wasn't planning to buy the bearing blocks, I'd be happy to try your suggestions.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]