Introduction

For things not related to our CNC Machines. Talk about anything!
crob09

Introduction

Postby crob09 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I just registered to this forum with the intent to problem solve some build issues and maybe help others along the way.

Best regards,

Rob

AJ Quick
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Postby AJ Quick » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Welcome to the site.

But please note that link spamming is not allowed here.

crob09

Postby crob09 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

Thanks for welcoming me, I don't have any intent to link spam however I do feel a signature should be allowed, and what if I know of some content someplace, am I not allowed to post a link to it?
I think moderation makes a good Forum, also back-linking helps with SEO.

AJ Quick
Site Admin

Postby AJ Quick » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:16 am

crob09 wrote:Thanks for welcoming me, I don't have any intent to link spam however I do feel a signature should be allowed, and what if I know of some content someplace, am I not allowed to post a link to it?
I think moderation makes a good Forum, also back-linking helps with SEO.

Since you brought up SEO and back-links. That's all you're here for. You want to post your link everywhere, get Google and other sites to crawl it.. and then hope it is the first result for "What is a CNC". Then unsuspecting users find your site and click on a few links until they somehow find themselves on Amazon, or another site after clicking on an ad... for which you then generate revenue from.

I've got no problem with you posting here to be helpful or interested in our machines. So far it seems like you are only here to get some links placed on our site so Google can think there are a lot of outbound links going to your website... but correct me if I'm wrong.

crob09

Postby crob09 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 pm

Correct that's how it works, however it isn't my sole reason for being here.
I can move on and use other forums to help people and promote my website by adding a signature link.
"Link Bombing" or "link Spamming" is usually done with the help of a bot, all my post are relevant to the topic and are intended to help.
Also other tools can be used for SEO, a forum isn't the only way.

So to state that my sole intention is to "Spam" a forum is an accusation and defamation. I am trying to make a good name for myself unlike a "spam bot" or person hired for SEO.

Every website on the planet uses ad-revenue in some form or another, maybe they are trying to sell a product of there own or maybe they use affiliates like I do.

Anyway I have decided to move on and understand you will probably delete this and ban me anyway given your labeling of my actions.

Because of seeing stuff like this on a regular basis and because my primary intent is to help others get CNC machines working I have decided to start my own forum, don't worry I won't link to it here.

Sorry you couldn't give a person a chance, and I wish you and everyone who visits the best.

crob09

Postby crob09 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Have you at the very least looked at my website?
Have you looked to see what my SERP is?
Have you looked at the "Mission Statement"? (something I noticed you don't offer)

I think given the work I have do so far it's evident that my intent is not to exploit visitors.

Also this Forum is 2-years old and you haven't even posted 200 times yet, have you logged in as the other members of this forum to generate dialogue?
Most Admins of Forum websites have thousands of posts and hundreds not dozens of members.
So what are you growing here?
Odd enough if I visit "cnczone" and provide a link under my name, I don't get slammed for it and there is no problem with it unlike here.

AJ Quick
Site Admin

Postby AJ Quick » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 pm

I wish you good luck with your plan to make money off of content you copied from Wikipedia and other sites. For your information, Google tends to provide lower page ranks for sites that don't have original content.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”