Use this forum to post pictures of your Quick Cut CNC and the setup you are using!
By AJ Quick
Wow those look great!

I would check on what type of processor you are outputting for in Vectric. And in Mach3 check your General Config.

You might need to change from Absoulte to Incrimental.. and vs versa. Depending on which one you have set, it can do circles very strangely.

Also. Are you using Exact Stop or Constant Velocity?
By dalecraven
I was on exact stop, but switched back to CV and running the code got better. I output G-Code from VCarve but I will try to output Mach3 code next.
By dalecraven
I got the replacement router mounts and I'll test the more flexible one as soon as I get my replacement collet (make sure you get the bits tight. You don't want to spin the collet!). I am still working on settings and I am currently testing 1/8 step at a max velocity of 50 and acceleration of 10. This has been the smoothest but not the quietest settings I have come up with so far. I might swap the motors and controllers from my small homebuilt gantry machine as I had that on running over 100 ft/min. I'll keep you posted.

Dale
By jschisler
dalecraven wrote: The 80/20, longer leadscrew, and the aluminum pipe all came from McMaster. The anti-backlash nuts are from http://www.dumpstercnc.com. AJ will be selling them soon but if you order them you have to make sure to get the custom cut down flange option. Measure your original nuts.
Do you remember the part numbers from McMaster? I'm interested in lengthening my X-axis as well.
By dalecraven
Not yet. I spun my collet and burned it up so I was waiting on my replacements. I have them now and will swap out the mount because I want to get a close look at the router spindle anyway. Look a lot more flexible so I wonder if there son't be some flex. I'll run an agressive pocketing program and see if I see any problems. I will foward that on to anyone else that you want me to after I check it out. Just let me know who it should go to next. I repaired my broken mount enough to use it and I have the replacement so I don't need a third one.

I should be able to test that tonight.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]