Use this forum to post pictures of your Quick Cut CNC and the setup you are using!
By briancconnelly
OK here is a quick little video of my setup --
Just completed the table -- and plexiglass --

It does not look like it is doing much but it is cutting a little sign.

So here it is....

--Having fun and I hope to clean up my wire mess today.
By GVardaman
Excellent setup! I really like the enclosure you built for that. I noticed that you have a groove cut into the table surface (I think Dale Craven does too) I also saw these in the tutorial.
Are those a standard size for mounting pieces down? I would like to add those as well. Are people cutting the grooves into the table surface with the machine itself?
Also, where does the blue track come from?
Thanks!
By briancconnelly
I cut the groves with the CNC -- also note my top board is not the original board.
The blue bars came as a single length which we then cut to size -- makes for easy securing of materials.

--I'll post where I ordered shortly.

As for my top board I cut a new one based on the diagram/file that AJ provided.

Later

BCC
Sorry I don't have exact model numbers etc...

But basically i used a Rockler channel (It was 3/8 deep and 3/4inch wide)
I purchased the track from Amazon which at the time was also from Rockler but cheaper through amazon than direct.

But anyway -- a similar idea/product: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16417

and http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page ... er=T-Track

Have fun!
Brian.
By GeraldJ880
Now i am still closing the MDF portions and creating our enclosure intended for airborne dirt and dust command, nevertheless I maintain imagining in advance and wanting to know whenever along the way there may be device calibration. Just how do i adjust the equipment so the device is aware that z=0 is usually if the endmill is usually sleeping available surface? Is actually this specific a new operate in the CAM software program, CNC software program, the command container? Accomplish I need to adjust every time I alter the endmill? Even when calibrated the CAM software program might still one on one the equipment for you to work in to the table surface, right?
By AJ Quick
You would have to setup soft limits in Mach3. This will prevent the bit from penetrating into the table surface.

Though you will have to change it each time the bit is changed if you want to use it.

We typically only use soft limits on the X and Y axis.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]